Goal of the Online Studies Department
The goal of the Online Studies department is to provide high-quality online education that is accessible, flexible, and engaging for students. We aim to foster a collaborative and inclusive learning environment that empowers individuals to achieve their educational goals and advance their careers. Through innovative online programs and support services, we strive to cultivate lifelong learners who are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and critical thinking abilities necessary for success in a digital society.
About our Online Programs
The online studies department supports online learning options in associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s programs. Students may complete some degrees totally online, synchronously or with hybrid classes that combine online and on-campus instruction. Online courses offer a similar level of interactivity and engagement received in a traditional classroom setting, but more convenient for students. The online studies department staff collaborates with the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) to deliver professional development to faculty enabling them to work effectively in online environments.
The online studies program maximizes student access to courses through the use of a web-based delivery system. Students enrolling in courses use the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). The Canvas LMS is used for the delivery of all courses and services. Students also have access to the Canvas Mobile application for IOS and Android, enabling them to access much of the Canvas content from mobile devices.
For Canvas support, you can connect to GUsupport@goodwin.edu or call 860-913-2152.
Online, synchronous and on ground students have an opportunity to participate in an online orientation course prior to starting their first online course.
Online Studies System Requirements
In order for students to successfully access Canvas from their home computers, they should have access to Microsoft Office 2010 or higher and will need the following:
- Operating Systems: Windows 10+, MAC OS 10.13+, iOS 11.0+, Android, and Chrome OS.
- Recommended Browsers: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. While you can use other browsers such as Edge and Safari, please understand they have limited compatibility with our Canvas LMS.
- Other Technical Specifications:
- Internet Speed of at least 512kbps
- Computer newer than 5 years old with at least 1GB of RAM
- The Canvas mobile apps require Android 8.0 or later and iOS 15.0 or later. Canvas offers limited support for native mobile browsers on tablet devices
- Computer/Browser requirements for Canvas: Canvas Computer/Browser Requirements
- Computer/Browser requirements for Respondus Lockdown Browser: Respondus Computer/Browser Requirements
- Additional Items: Goodwin University has moved to a new Single Sign On Platform. Unlike the old MyNavigator, you will now need to sign in using your Goodwin Email Address. Your password will remain the same. Once you sign in, you will be able to access all of Goodwin Universities online applications from one place.
Online Programs of Study
Master Degree programs offered 100% online:
- Organizational Leadership
- Public Health
Bachelor degree programs offered 100% online:
- Business Administration
- Health Science
- Professional Studies
- Public Health
Associate degree programs offered 100% online:
- General Studies
- Health Science